Thursday, October 16, 2014

Hellooooo?

Yes, it's been a little while since my last post and I apologize. I have a pretty darn good excuse though. The ITH got a new job! We weren't able to publicly announce this until he told his direct reports and due to scheduling issues, that didn't happen until 1 week before the move. So I couldn't post anything about it, but I was busy busy busy prepping us for the move.

The TDE lives in Cleveland now! woohoo!

I'll also give you a few quick updates on some things:

1) Hygiene
I tried baking soda for a while, but ultimately I gave up and went back to using soap on my armpits. My current career is just too sweaty for totally soap free. I'm also considering doing some research into those "mineral" deodorants. I've always considered them to be nonsense, but I've never done any actual research so I think it's worth the time for at least basic research. I think my students would appreciate it.

2) Cat Ownership
So you know that awesome solution we came up with to use an old kitty litter tub to store empty cat food cans until we recycle them? At first it worked great. We filled it up, took it to the recycling, and then put in a new garbage bag and started filling it up again. Then, when it was mostly full again, I opened it to put a can in and saw them. Little tiny maggots. Everywhere. Well, only inside the container, but LOTS of them. So for now, we are throwing them away again. Ummmm yeah, don't implement that one. Sorry.

3) I am writing this post about how I FAILED to keep up my blog and then how I FAILED and went back to using soap and then how we FAILED and accidentally started a maggot farm. It all reminds me of something I read somewhere.... oh yeah I wrote a post about it!

That's all for now. TDE out!


No comments:

Post a Comment